Create Calm is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting equality and healing and developing healthier, happier communities through mindfulness-based behavioral health education. Our mission is to provide mental and physical health education, resources, and support to children and adults for optimal self-care, positive engagement, collaboration, inclusion, and success in academic environments. We endeavor to provide scaffolding around all members of our community to empower them to to feel a sense of belonging, to value themselves and others, contribute positively and powerfully to their communities, and be active, compassionate, resilient life-long learners.
Create Calm is particularly committed to supporting interactive experiential learning opportunities designed to strengthen connections and teach sustainable life skills to children and adults, especially those who are BIPOC, AAPIS, and differently-abled.
Create Calm was founded by INA Wellness in 2016 as a means for delivering dynamic somatic learning programs to a target population of children, special populations, and schools. Click here to learn more about INA Wellness.
- All children, regardless of developmental differences, race, nationality, sexual preference, family or personal identity, social factors, or finances.
- Diversity in education by hiring, training, and supporting a wide variety of people of color, different nationalities, and backgrounds and encouraging them to teach authentically from the space of their own experiences.
- A culture of creativity through inclusive and empowering curricula, experiential learning, and multi-dimensional learning.
- The interwoven nature of our world — the I in All — and the power we have to heal and grow together.
- All children deserve to be seen and loved.
- Children can learn how to access their intuition.
We Are Committed to Diversity
We have always believed that the lives of Black, Asian, and Indigenous people matter. In solidarity and healing, we call for empathy, compassion, and an end to racism and discrimination of any kind.
We commit to diverse representation in our faculty, staff, students, and partnerships.
We pledge to continue our learning as an organization and to support writers, illustrators, educators, and businesses that amplify the voices of Black, Asian, and Indigenous people.